I'm a Patient or Family Member
Resources for Those Considering Hospice Care
If you are considering hospice care for yourself or a loved one, Cedar Valley Hospice can help. To request hospice services, please call 319.272.2002 or use our online hospice services request form. A Cedar Valley Hospice staff member will contact you the same day.
Cedar Valley Hospice provides comfort and support to patients with advanced illnesses and their families. Our program provides care wherever patients reside - in their own homes, skilled care facilities, hospitals or nursing homes. We also provide care at our own Inpatient Care Center at our Hospice Home in Waterloo. Whatever the setting, our goal is to improve the quality of life for those in our care by addressing their physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual needs.
Along with providing help with personal care needs, Cedar Valley Hospice:
• Educates and supports patients and their family members on hospice care and disease progression.
• Places a priority on managing pain, easing suffering, and promoting maximum comfort for each of our hospice patients.
• Supports the entire family emotionally, socially and spiritually.
• Offers help and support 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
• Provides bereavement support to the family after the death of their loved one.
• Is available to everyone who qualifies regardless of their age, illness or inability to pay.
How Can a Family Know When the Time is Right?
• Is comfort the patient's goal now, as opposed to curative measures and treatment?
• Does the patient require increased care support to be able to remain in their current living environment?
• Would the patient, family and/or caregivers benefit from experienced hospic staff and volunteers, given a decline or change in health status?
Even one yes suggests that the individual may be eligible for hospice care.