THE HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
LINK Palliative CareIf you’re not quite ready or eligible for hospice, LINK Palliative Care might be for you. LINK provides supportive care and help navigating the healthcare system to individuals and families facing a serious illness, who may still be seeking curative treatments for their illness. Our team works with you, your family and your other doctors to provide an extra layer of support that complements your ongoing care.
LINK, the palliative care program of Cedar Valley Hospice, provides care and case management to individuals and families facing a serious illness. It offers a nurse and social worker team who visit patients in their own homes to assess their health needs. Unlike hospice care, a person enrolled in the LINK program can still be seeking curative treatments. Common diagnoses include: COPD, cancer, Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease and heart disease.
Goals of LINK:
- Listen to patients and families
- Inform patients and families of resources in their communities
- Navigate the healthcare system
- Knowledge/educate patients and families on healthcare choices and treatments
The LINK teams consists of:
- A nurse practitioner
- A nurse
- A social worker
- Patient and family
- Patient’s Physician
When to Consider LINK
- Diagnosed with a serious illness
- Experiencing recurring hospital admissions or ER visits
- Undergoing challenges with symptom management
- Facing difficult decisions regarding treatment options
- Feeling distress, anxiety or loss of hope
- Needing medication recommendations including monitoring/management
- Struggling with conflict among patient and family regarding the course of treatment
Benefits of LINK
- Ongoing assessment of patient’s wellness in their home
- Expert pain and symptom management
- Less doctor visits and reduced hospitalizations
- Improved communication between the patient and health care provider(s)
- Education regarding illness, treatment options
- Emotional support for the patient and family
- Improved quality of life for the patient
Paying for Services
- For those meeting the income guidelines, the LINK team will discuss a sliding fee scale.
- You may qualify for a hardship exemption
Anyone can make a referral to LINK
Anyone can make a referral including family members, friends, clergy or healthcare professionals, our palliative care team will partner with you to provide expert care. We can be the eyes and the ears to help your patient so they don’t have to leave their home to receive case management.
To learn more about LINK Palliative Care, please contact Cedar Valley Hospice today.
Have a Referral?Anyone can refer a friend or family member to Cedar Valley Hospice. Simply complete and submit the form below to get started. If you have any questions, please give us a call at 800.626.2360.
Your support is
what inspires us
Enriching lives in the Cedar Valley is at the forefront of our mission. We are experts in providing hospice and palliative care, grief support and providing additional services for those with life changing diagnoses. As a not-for-profit organization, your gifts make our mission possible!
Become a volunteer!
Our volunteers are the heart of our organization. From visiting patients to helping with events, they perform a number of different roles that are vital to helping us carry out our mission.